Global Talent Independent Program
GLOBAL TALENT INDEPENDENT PROGRAM
Australia’s Global Talent Independent Program is also referred to as the Global Talent Visa Program. With the global competition for talent ever-intensifying, Australia is working towards attracting the best and the brightest to the country, for helping grow a stronger economy. The Australian government has dedicated talent attraction programs designed for turbocharging the Australian economy.
Exceptionally talented individuals and high-value businesses are being specifically targeted by Australia. With the individuals and businesses that come to Australia, their capital, ideals as well as networks too find inroads into the country. The GTI Program of the Australian government creates a streamlined Australia immigration pathway for highly-skilled professionals to come to the country for working and living on a permanent basis.
You are eligible to apply for a global talent visa if:
- You are globally acknowledged with a history of achievements in one of the following:
- A profession
- A sport
- The arts
- Academia and research
- You are nominated by an acceptable sponsor:
- An Australian national.
- An Australian permanent resident.
- An eligible New Zealand citizen.
- An Australian organisation with a widespread reputation in the same field as you.
- The top Australian group in your field (if applicable).
- You will be of great benefit to Australia in terms of:
- Economic improvement
- Social development
- Cultural richness
- International achievements in sports, arts or academia.
- You are one of the best in your field.
- You hold one of these visas if you apply from Australia:
- A bridging visa A
- A bridging visa B
- A bridging visa C
- A substantive Australian visa
- You must have had a standing reputation in this field for at last two years.
- If you hold or held a visa 494 or a subclass 491, you must have held that visa for at least three years before you apply for a visa 858.
- You must sign the Australian values statement.
Global Talent Visa Pathways
The global talent visa 858 has two pathways available:
- The Streamlined Global Talent Visa Program Pathway. This visa pathway is for applicants who have skills in identified priority sectors and have submitted an expression of interest (EOI).
- The Distinguished Talent Pathway. This pathway is for applicants in other sectors.
If you are applying for the streamlined pathway program, make sure you have your EOI otherwise you cannot submit a valid visa application.
For an individual to be granted a visa by the Australian government under the GTI Program, they must be “highly-skilled” in any 1 of the 10 target sectors.
Targeted sectors for the GTI Program of Australia are –
- Agri-food and AgTech
- Circular Economy
- Defence, Advanced Manufacturing and Space
- Financial Services and FinTech
- Health Industries
- Infrastructure and Tourism
In order to be eligible, the candidate would also be required to be able to attract a salary – in any of the 10 above-mentioned sectors – meeting the high-income threshold.
Currently, by a high-income threshold is implied having the ability of attracting a salary either at or above the Fair Work high income threshold of AUD 153,600.
We are Always Ready to Assist Our Clients
Consulting & developing processes and procedures