Golden Visa Portugal
PORTUGAL Golden Residence Permit
WHY CHOOSE PORTUGAL?
Portugal boasts a rich and diverse culture, Mediterranean climate, and a safe and stable setting, which is an ideal location for raising families, conducting business or simply for travel. Investors find many opportunities in Portugal’s secure and fast-developing market with access to the entire Schengen zone.
- Most welcoming country for expats, by Inter Nations
- 3rd most peaceful country in the world, by Global Peace Index, Institute for Economics & Peace)
- World’s Leading Destination, by World Gold Awards
- Europe’s Leading Destination, by World Gold Awards
- Visa waiver to enter, live and work in Portugal;
- Visa-free travel within the Schengen member states;
- Qualification for permanent residency and citizenship of Portugal after 5 years of temporary residency;
- Qualification for citizenship of newborns when one of the parents has valid residency for a minimum of 1 year and the birth occurs in Portugal;
- Family reunification allowed to spouse or de facto
- partner, dependent children and dependent parents.
Portugal’s Golden Visa Program is offered in accordance with the Ministry of Internal Affairs through the Portuguese Immigration and Border Service (SEF).
Aimed at attracting foreign direct investments to the country, the program yields a residency permit in Portugal to non-EU investors who meet the following requirements:
- Execute the required investment in one of the available investment options. Funds must originate from abroad;
- Hold no criminal record;
- Pay Government fees and all remaining expenses inherent to investment on the selected project (Processing fees);
- Enter Portugal on a valid Schengen Visa;
- Meet or exceed the minimum stay requirements (*7 days for the first two years, 14 days for subsequent 2-year periods).
- Not included on the list of persons whose property is ordered to be frozen within the boundaries of the EU
The following options are applicable until the 31st of December, 2021:
- Acquisition of real estate for a total value equal to or above €500,000, or
- Acquisition of real estate for a total value equal to or above €350,000 for properties more than 30 years old or located in urban regeneration areas designated for refurbishing, or
- Acquisition of real estate fitting any of the above requirements with a 20% reduction on the minimum amount of investment, if purchased in a low density population area.
Property Investment Options
We handpicks prestigious projects to meet our clients’ expectations. Either by investing on a property with residential purposes or by becoming a co-owner of large scale projects for refurbishment, applicants are qualified for Portugal’s Golden Visa. Our best-seller projects share some key benefits:
- Guaranteed annual rental return, starting from the first year of operation;
- Easy and flexible exit strategy;
- 100% funds return guarantee after obtaining permanent residency or citizenship;
- 7 days accommodation per year;
- For more details, please consult the project brochures.
- Capital transfer of min. €1,000,000 Creation of at least 10 jobs
- Investment of min. €350,000 on units of investment funds or on venture capital fund of funds dedicated to the capitalization of companies (other T&C apply)
- Investment of min. €350,000 on incorporation of a company in Portugal along with the creation
- of at least 5 jobs, or on the reinforcement of an existing company share capital, creating or maintaining 5 jobs
- Investment of min. €350,000 on research activities of a scientific or technological scope
- Investment of min. €250,000 on arts, reconstruction or refurbishment of national heritage
From 2022, new thresholds, real estate specifications and qualified areas for investment and will enter into force. Please contact us for more details.
STEPS AND TIMELINE
The following table breaks down Portugal’s Golden Visa Permit application process into five basic steps.
Each step must be completed before continuing to the next. Stage III is optional
- STEP 1: Visit the embassy of Portugal to attest the required list of documents or visit Portugal ahead.
- STEP 2: Obtain tax number, open bank account and transfer funds for investment.
- STEP 3: Submit application online (conducted by law firm through Power of Attorney).
- STEP 4: Submit application at SEF and collect biometrics (travel to Portugal for 2 business days after online admission is obtained).
- STEP 5: Obtain final approval and subsequent issuance of Residence cards.
Permanent Residence / Citizenship
Application for Permanent Residence or Citizenship can be lodged after successfull completion of 5 years as a temporary resident and provided Residence/Citizenship the applicant meets all the necessary requirements.
We are Always Ready to Assist Our Clients
Consulting & developing processes and procedures