Japan Tourist Visa
JAPAN TOURIST VISA
Japan, an island country in East Asia, lies off the eastern coast of the Asian continent and stretches from the Sea of Okhotsk in the north to the East China Sea, and the Philippine Sea in the south. The country known as the ‘Land of the Rising Sun’ has 20 world heritage sites. Apart from them, the country is known for its natural beauty, gardens, temples, festivals, food, historical sites and theme parks. Given that, there is no surprise that millions of tourists visit the country every year.If you want to visit the country and witness the beauty, you would be required to avail a tourist visa. Here, we take a look at what an Indian national needs to do in order to get a Japan tourist visa, which is also known as a short-term visa.The land of the rising sun offers many attractions to tourists that include world heritage sites, castles and monuments. The country has more than 20 world heritage sites. Apart from this, tourists can visit gardens, temples, experience festivals, food, and theme parks. Given that, there is no surprise that millions of tourists visit the country every year.If you want to visit the country, you will need a tourist visa. the visa is valid for 90 days. Under the single-entry regulation, tourists can stay in the country for up to 30 days. Tourists can also apply for a double-entry visa for 2 short trips within a 6-month period. However, those on a tourist visa cannot do any paid work while they are in the country.
Documents Required For The Visa Application:
- A valid passport
- Passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed visa application form
- Details about your itinerary
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- A cover letter with all the required details about your itinerary
- Letter from the organization where you are working
- Statement from your bank of the last six months to prove you have enough finances to fund your visit
- Income tax statements
- Salary slip for last 6 months
- Travel insurance
- Old passports and visa
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements, fill the application form, attach the required documents and pay the required fees.
Japan Tourist Visa Fees
The application fee that is required to be paid by Indian nationals in order to avail a Japan tourist visa is Rs.490 for both single and multiple entries. However, if you apply through travel agencies, a service charge would also be needed to be paid. In case, you apply through VFS Global, a service charge of Rs.650, which is inclusive of all taxes, will be levied. If the visa application is filed through Cox and Kings Global Services, Rs.600 would be charged as service fees.
Photo Requirements for Japan Tourist Visa
The photo that is affixed on the visa application form must fulfil the points mentioned below:
- The size of the photograph must be 45mm x 45mm (2 inches x 2 inches) with white background.
- The photo should be in colour
- The photograph should be easily identifiable.
- The photo must be clicked within six months before filing the application.
- The photo should be clear and the applicant must not be wearing any headgear.
How to apply for Japan Tourist Visa?
In order to apply for a Japan tourist visa, the applicant is required to visit the Japan Embassy or the Consulate-Generals. After visiting the Embassy or the Consulate-General, he/she is required to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Duly fill the visa application form.
- Attach the necessary documents that need to be submitted.
- Pay the requisite fees.
Japan Tourist Visa Processing Time
As per the Japan Embassy, the time taken for processing a Japan tourist visa application is 1 day, which is excluding the date of submission of the application form to the authorities.
We are Always Ready to Assist Our Clients
Consulting & developing processes and procedures