MONTENEGRO Citizenship by Investment Program
WHY CHOOSE MONTENEGRO?
Montenegro’s natural beauty and sophistication aren’t the only reasons why the nation is attracting vast opportunity for growth and development. Its recent independence and strategic position have also influenced Montenegro to become central to some of the most important industries in the world.
Discover a world of benefits within Montenegro:
- Fast procedure. Residency within 3 weeks and approval of citizenship within six months.
- Dependents under 18 years of age are also granted citizenship with main applicants.
- No language requirements.
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality.
- NATO Member.
- Candidate country for future expansion of the EU, expected by 2025.
- E-2 Treaty Program signed between Montenegro and the United States which allows citizens of Montenegro to reside and work in the U.S. under an E-2 Investor Visa.
- Global mobility with access to 116 nations visa-free.
- Strategic geographical location in Europe with direct access to Adriatic Sea.
- Porto Montenegro; one of the world’s finest yachting marinas.
- An outstanding holiday destination.
To qualify for residency or citizenship, applicants must fulfill one of the investment options below in addition to meeting the following criteria:
- Possess a valid passport or another foreign travel document.
- Provide documents supporting the source and origin of invested funds.
- Hold no criminal record.
- Attest the power of attorneys and the investment agreement.
Government Fund Donation
Applicants must make a contribution of €100,000 in the form of a government fund donation for the Development of Underdeveloped Municipalities Fund.
Update: Starting 2022, applicants are required to make an additional contribution of €100,000 in the form of a government fund donation for the Innovation Fund.
Real Estate Investment
In addition to the donation, applicants are required to invest in approved real estate projects in the country. Depending on where the selected projects are, applicants will have the choice of the following investment levels:
- €250,000 investment in an undeveloped region (north of the country), or
- €450,000 investment in a developed region (south of the country).
Montenegro is on the current agenda for the future enlargement of the EU and has opened several negotiating chapters. The country enjoys widespread support among EU member officials and accession of the country to the EU is considered possible by 2025.
Montenegro is a member of the UN, NATO, the World Trade Organization, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, the Council of Europe, and the Central European Free Trade Agreement.
With Montenegro’s prominent natural beauty, breathtaking shorelines and landscapes, as well as one of the world’s most spectacular yachting harbors, the country attracts over 2 million visitors each year.
The program was initially launched in 2019 and set to run for three years until Dec 31st, 2021, with a maximum number of applicants fixed at 2,000. Following interruptions with COVID-19 — the program is widely viewed as a limited offer that may expire anytime.
We are Always Ready to Assist Our Clients
Consulting & developing processes and procedures