SAINT LUCIA Citizenship by Investment
WHY CHOOSE SAINT LUCIA?
Saint Lucia has inherited decades of experience from its Caribbean neighbours. By hand-picking only the best practices, the Citizenship by Investment Board is committed to making the program the most efficient for investors while providing unmatched benefits for the country and its people.
Saint Lucia recognizes dual citizenship, which can prove advantageous for business expansion and tax relief. Other benefits include the following:
- Fast processing within three months.
- Inclusion of dependent children under 25.
- Inclusion of dependent siblings of the main applicant who have no children and are under 18.
- Inclusion of mentally or physically challenged dependent children and/or parents.
- Inclusion of dependent parents above 65 who are currently residing with the applicant.
- No physical residency requirements.
- No requirement to travel to Saint Lucia during the application process.
- No interview, education or managerial experience required.
- Visa-free travel to more than 100 countries, including the Schengen Zone, the U.K. and Hong Kong.
- No tax on worldwide income.
Saint Lucia’s Citizenship by Investment Program was established in 2015 under the regulations of the Citizenship by Investment Bill 2015, making it the most recent addition to the CIP programs in the Caribbean region.
Saint Lucia has masterfully positioned its program for the global elite by limiting application numbers and raising the overall net worth requirement. To qualify for citizenship in Saint Lucia, applicants must fulfill one of the investment requirements below in addition to the following criteria:
- Be of outstanding character.
- Hold no criminal record.
- Have excellent health.
1. National Economic Fund Contribution
High net worth individuals may choose to make a monetary contribution to the NEF organization via one of the prescribed contribution levels.
- US$100,000: Single applicant.
- US$140,000: Main applicant with spouse.
- US$150,000: Family with up to 3 dependents (spouse + 2 children).
- US$25,000: Each additional dependent.
- US$30,000: Administrative fees.
2. Real Estate Investment
Applicants may purchase property valued at a minimum of US$300,000 in a pre-approved real estate development area. The property must be owned and maintained for a minimum of five years. Property registration, processing fees and taxes must be paid in addition to the property purchase.
3. Government Bond Investment
Upon approval an applicant and accompanying family may opt to invest in Saint Lucia government bonds, which must be held for five years. The bond amount will vary depending on the size of the family.
- US$500,000: Single applicant.
- US$535,000: Main applicant and spouse.
- US$550,000: Family with up to 3 dependents (spouse + 2 children).
- US$25,000: Each additional dependent.
The government bond option carries an administration fee of US$50,000 per application.
4. Enterprise Project Investment
Applicants may invest a minimum of US$3.5 million in an approved enterprise project and create at least three jobs. Two applicants may share an investment of US$6 million and create six jobs to qualify. Approved enterprise projects must fall under one of the following categories: specialty restaurants, cruise ports and marinas, agro-processing plants, pharmaceutical products, ports, bridges, roads and highways, research institutions and facilities, or offshore universities.
Appointed by the government, Arton Capital is an authorized marketing agent for the promotion of Saint Lucia’s Citizenship by Investment Program and is responsible for the MENA region countries, as well as Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Malta, Pakistan and Turkey.
5. Covid-19 Relief Bond
Investment in the bond not only qualifies the applicant for citizenship but also guarantees the return of his investment after the prescribed time. Limited Time Offer until December 31, 2020.
- Single applicant, 5-year hold period
- Applicant with 1 dependent, 6-year hold
- Applicant with up to 4 dependents, 7-year hold.
- Applicant with up to 4 dependents, 5-year hold.
- Up to 4 additional dependents can be added at US$ 15,000 per person.
Although processing fees have been waived, there is a fund administration fee of US$30,000.
Once your application for citizenship by investment in Saint Lucia has been qualified for processing, it will take approximately ninety (90) days to be granted approval.
The most affordable option for a single applicant in Saint Lucia’s Citizenship by Investment program is making a monetary contribution of US$100,000 to the National Economic Fund.
The new COVID-19 Relief Bond issued under Saint Lucia’s Citizenship by Investment Program is a fully refundable investment guaranteed by the government of Saint Lucia after 5 years. The minimum required bond investment is US$250,000 for a family of five (5).
Yes, in fact under the new amendments, you may include parents of 55 years and older as dependents, under the condition that they are fully supported by the main applicant.
We are Always Ready to Assist Our Clients
Consulting & developing processes and procedures