ST. KITTS & NEVIS
ST. KITTS & NEVIS Citizenship by Investment
WHY CHOOSE ST. KITTS & NEVIS?
This beautiful two-island nation is blessed with tropical temperatures, clear blue waters and a bustling trade and tourism economy. It is well-connected by direct flights to and from Europe and the U.S., and offers residents and citizens sought-after advantages, such as dual citizenship and tax-free worldwide income. As one of the longest-established programs of its kind, the St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program offers applicants a host of unique benefits:
- Fast processing within four months.
- Accelerated Application Process – approval within 60 days.
- Inclusion of dependent children under 30 and dependent parents or grandparents over 55.
- Inclusion of financially-dependent siblings of the main applicant who have no children and are under 30.
- No physical residency requirements.
- No requirement to travel to St. Kitts & Nevis during the application process.
- No interview, education or managerial experience required.
- Visa-free travel to more than 135 countries, including Schengen member states, the U.K., Hong Kong, Singapore and more.
- No tax on worldwide income.
- St. Kitts & Nevis recognizes dual citizenship, so investors can still benefit from their current passports.
The St. Kitts & Nevis (St. Christopher & Nevis) Citizenship by Investment Program was established in 1984 under the regulations of the 1984 Citizenship Act, Part II, Section 3 (5), which makes it the oldest citizenship by investment program in the world.
To qualify for citizenship in St. Kitts & Nevis, applicants must fulfill one of the investment requirements below in addition to the following criteria:
- Be of outstanding character.
- Hold no criminal record.
- Have excellent health.
- Have a high personal net worth.
1. Sustainable Growth Fund
In April 2018, Saint Kitts & Nevis launched a new permanent investment fund to replace the temporary Hurricane Relief Fund set up to address the devastation caused by the 2017 hurricanes in the Caribbean. The new Sustainable Growth Fund is open for donations with the following thresholds:
- US$150,000: Single applicant.
- US$25,000: Spouse.
- US$10,000: Per additional dependent.
In addition, due diligence fees are as follows:
- US$7,500: Due diligence of main applicant.
- US$4,000: Due diligence for dependent over 16.
- US$4,000: Due diligence for financial sponsor.
2. Real Estate Investments
A. Five-year hold period
Applicants may purchase government-approved property valued at a minimum of US$400,000, or purchase shares valued at the same minimum amount in a real estate development. The investment must be maintained for a minimum of five years.
B. Seven-year hold period
Applicants can make an investment of US$200,000 in a government-approved luxury resort. The investment must be maintained for a minimum of seven years.
In both cases, investors are required to pay additional applicable taxes and fees.
3. Alternative Investment Option (AIO)
The Alternative Investment Option (AIO) is the third available option under the Saint Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program. The AIO is designed to provide the Government with the means of achieving its capital investment goals through pre-qualified infrastructure projects.
An investment of US$175,000 qualifies a single applicant and up to 3 members of the same family for a Saint Kitts & Nevis citizenship. Each additional dependent will require an investment of US$10,000, and US$20,000 for each sibling of the main applicant.
Additional application, processing, and due diligence fees apply as per the real estate option.
There are no requirements to visit Saint Kitts and Nevis during the application process, as well as no residency requirements to hold a passport of Saint Kitts and Nevis.
Upon approval, your issued Saint Kitts and Nevis passport is valid for 10 years and can be renewed indefinitely. For children under the age of 16, passports are valid for 5 years.
Closing an investment property in Saint Kitts and Nevis takes place once approval in principle is granted and the passport is issued. This should take no longer than three to four months. At that time, we issue a Certificate of Title for the property. The Certificate of Occupancy will be granted when the keys are handed over.
Yes, if both mother and father of the child are citizens of Saint Kitts and Nevis, the child will automatically inherit the citizenship.
We are Always Ready to Assist Our Clients
Consulting & developing processes and procedures