Thailand Tourist Visa
THAILAND TOURIST VISA
Foreigners wishing to visit Thailand may find that they have to apply for a Thailand visa before hand.Thailand is a Southeast Asian country known for its countless temples, ancient ruins, canals and floating water markets, sandy tropical beaches, and modern cityscapes. In 2018, it welcomed a record of 38.27 million tourists from around the world, many of which likely entered by way of a Thai Tourist Visa.. It is renowned for its sandy beaches, opulent royal palaces, ancient ruins and ornate temples depicting Buddha figures. Bangkok, the capital city houses the famous temples of Wat Arun, Wat Pho and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. Pattaya and the trendy Hua Hin beach resorts are close by.Thailand is known for fantastic food, martial arts, beaches, and several temples. It also has several well-known islands which have numerous tourist resorts.
Prominent Tourist Destinations in Thailand
- Similan Islands
- Ko Phi Phi
- Khao Yai National Park
- Sukhumvit, prominent nightlife areas
- Royal City Avenue (RCA)
- Patong Beach
- Monkey Beach
- Sukhothai Old City
- Central World, Bangkok
WHY VISIT THAILAND
There are many reasons that make Thailand worth visiting. These include –
- A year-round destination
- Something for everyone
- Cheap to visit
- Lush jungles
- Global and truly cosmopolitan atmosphere
- A kingdom of marine wonders
- Rich history and culture
- Cheap and different modes of transportation available
- Above 1,500 miles of coastline
- Unique markets
- Amazing nightlife
- Thai Festivals, such as Loy Krathong
Thailand is among the most visited countries in the world. From family holidays to full moon parties, and from adventure sports to diving sites, Thailand offers foreign visitors a sense of wonder and anticipation for what comes next.
Who Can Get a Thai Visa on Arrival?
Nationals of the following countries are eligible to receive a Thai Visa On Arrival with a duration of up to 15 days:
- People’s Republic of China
- Papua New Guinea
- Saudi Arabia
What Are the Types of Thai Visas?
The Thai government offers the following types of visas to foreign nationals:
- Thailand Tourist Visa, which is issued to visa-required foreigners entering Thailand for tourism or leisure activities. This is a short-term visa, which can be issued for single or multiple entries.
- Thailand Transit Visa, which is issued to foreigners who will enter the territory of the Kingdom of Thailand in order to make their way to a third country of destination.
- Thailand SMART Visa, which is aimed at highly-skilled foreigners, encouraging them to work or invest in one of Thailand’s ten targeted industries, including medicine, robotics, aviation, agriculture, biotechnology, etc.
- Thailand Non-Immigrant Visa, which is issued to foreigners entering Thailand for reasons other than tourism or leisure. The Non-Immigrant Visa for Thailand is further categorized depending on the purpose of travel:
- Thailand Work Visa, for foreigners who will take up paid employment in Thailand.
- Thailand Student Visa, for foreigners who want to pursue their academic studies in a Thai educational institution.
- Thailand Business Visa, for foreigners who are traveling to Thailand for business-related purposes, such as negotiations, attending a meeting, etc.
- Thailand Marriage Visa, for foreigners who are married to a Thai citizen.
- Thailand Retirement Visa, also known as the “Ten Year Visa” which is issued to foreigners over the age of 50 who want to retire in Thailand and have independent financial means to sustain themselves without working.
THAILAND TOURIST VISA
There are two kinds of visas if you are traveling to Thailand. One is the tourist visa which allows you to stay in Thailand for a period of three months, however, the maximum duration of stay can be for 60 days. The other is the Visa on arrival with which you can stay in the country for 15 days.
You can apply for this visa at the Royal Thai Consulate-General, which is in three cities-New Delhi, Chennai and Kolkata. You will get your passport back in 3 working days if your application is complete.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE VISA APPLICATION:
- A valid passport with six months validity
- Three passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed visa application form
- Details about your itinerary
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings
- International Health certificate on Yellow Fever Vaccination
- A cover letter from the ‘primary applicant’ or the individual incuring travel expenses which describes the reason for the travel
- If you are a businessman, a cover letter from your company stating your position and length of service
- Bank statement of last three months
VISA ON ARRIVAL:
The visa on arrival can be obtained at major international airports in Thailand. This visa is valid for 15 days.
We are Always Ready to Assist Our Clients
Consulting & developing processes and procedures