Visit & Stay In The UK For A Minimum Period Of Six Months
Take a holiday or visit your friends and family in the UK with the UK visit visa. The UK visit visa is known as the Standard Visit Visa and is used by millions of visitors to the UK for their travel. You can choose to apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa if you visit the UK regularly. This visa lasts 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit. If you’re under 18 years old when you apply, your long-term Standard Visitor visa will only be valid for up to 6 months after you turn 18.
The Standard Visitor Visa Has Replaced the Following Types of Visas:
- Family Visitor visa.
- General Visitor visa.
- Child Visitor visa.
- Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists.
- Sports Visitor visa.
- Entertainer Visitor visa.
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa.
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa.
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa.
UK Visit Visa – An Overview
The UK visit visa is officially referred to as the UK Standard Visitor Visa. With a Standard Visitor visa, you can do any of the following in the UK –
- visit family
- meet up with friends
- pass through or ‘transit’ to another country
- attend a meeting
- attend an interview
- volunteer for up to 30 days with a registered charity
- take part in a school exchange programme
- study in an accredited UK institution (for up to six months), do a placement or appear for an exam
- take up a recreational course (such as a dance course) for up to 30 days
- for medical reasons
- an academic from an academic institution overseas can take part in formal exchange arrangements or carry out their own research during a sabbatical
- a dentist or senior doctor can take part in research, teach, or undertake clinical practice (as long as it’s not on a permanent basis)
Documents Required for UK Visitor Visa
The documentation required for the UK visit visa includes:
- Personal details
- Salary and financial details
- Travel itinerary and travel history
- Proof that you can fund your stay adequately
- Proof that you can pay for your air travel to and from the UK
- Proof that you will leave the UK at the end of the visit
Long –term Visitor Visa
If you need to visit the country for a longer period, you can apply for the long-term Standard Visitor visa with duration of either 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months during every visit.
EIPL’s experience and expertise in the UK immigration process makes us your partner of choice for your visa application. Our experts will help you with:
- Immigration documents checklist
- Complete application processing
- Forms, documentation & application filing
- Updates & follow up
Talk to our visa consultant to know more on the process
We are Always Ready to Assist Our Clients
Consulting & developing processes and procedures